Initial Product Development Team
Software Developers, Digital Marketers, Designers, Product Managers
About the Company
For centuries, there has been no industry more exciting than Insurance. With the exception, of course, of every other industry. However, where others see boring, we see opportunity. General Indemnity is looking to carve out a profitable space in a $550 Billion existing market. We don’t have to create demand for our products, it’s already there.
General Indemnity Group (“GIG”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Boston Omaha Corporation, a publicly traded holding company (NASDAQ: BOMN). GIG is an insurance company that owns an “A-” rated insurance company with a 27-year operating history, a surety-focused Managing General Agency, and a Captive Insurance Company. GIG is actively looking for additional acquisitions in the insurance space.
What this all means is that while others are claiming to be able to build new “insurance tech,” they often still rely on finding partner insurance companies for their products. GIG is an actual insurance company that can write the policy.
About the Positions
We are putting together the nucleus of GIG’s initial product development team. This is a unique opportunity to develop new products as one of the first employees in a startup within a well-funded public company. We are well-positioned to modernize the user experience for consumers, small businesses, and enterprises in an existing market.
The team will include:
- 3-6 software developers
- 1-2 digital marketers
- a designer
- a product manager
We are especially interested in candidates from under-represented groups as well as individuals who have experience with diverse populations who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of GIG.
Ideal candidates have experience in high-growth startup environments and B2B/B2C web and mobile software development. You’ll have the opportunity to help select the technology stack and develop products from scratch, through their full lifecycle. As an early member of the team, the positions require product-, user-, and customer-oriented thinking in addition to technical skills.
You should be comfortable in an open, fluid, fast-growth environment. You will work on product, technology, and marketing strategy as well as hands-on implementation. You should have a track record of proactively setting personal goals, measuring and reporting progress against them, and delivering high quality work in a timely manner.
Skills / Who You Are
- Track record of successfully delivering high quality software.
- You must have excellent technical skills, passion for building world-class products, and insight for using technology as a key leverage point for the business.
- As an early member of the product development team, you must be able to contribute to strategy as well as implementation.
Need to have
- BS in a relevant field, with 3+ years experience.
- Strong design, programming, or marketing skills in modern marketing stacks, web front end, and back end frameworks and languages.
- Scientific approach to designing, implementing, and interpreting market experiments and optimization including A/B tests, split tests, and multivariate tests.
- Ability to communicate proactively and effectively, verbally and in writing, in person and remotely, in English, pictures, and code.
- Appreciation for the value of developing systems for a business that already has a revenue model, but wants to scale it more effectively. In other words, making a profitable business more profitable.
- Principal location in Boston
- Must be willing and comfortable traveling as necessary
Salary and BenefitsCompetitive pay and benefits
Please send cover letters and Resume/CV to email@example.com
Individuals seeking employment at General Indemnity Group are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.